The recipe is made by Manuela Kjeilen from passionforbaking.com
Cupcakes• 1 1⁄2 dl unsweetened cocoa powder
• 3 1⁄2 dl all-purpose flour
• 3 1⁄2 dl sugar
• 1 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
• 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
• 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
• 2 large eggs
• 2 tablespoons Raw Liquorice Powder or Salty Liquorice Syrup
• 1 1⁄2 dl warm coffee
• 1 1⁄2 dl cup buttermilk
• 3 tablespoons flavourless oil
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
White liquorice chocolate frosting• 200 grams unsalted butter (room temperature)
• 4 dl cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
• 200 gram white chocolate melted and cooled
• 200 gram Philadelphia cold cream cheese
• 2 tablespoons Raw Liquorice Powder
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 175 °C. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners; set aside. Sift cocoa powder, flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, raw liquorice powder and salt into a large bowl. Add eggs, warm coffee, buttermilk, oil, vanilla, and mix until smooth, about 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl to ensure the batter is well mixed. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups, filling each full. Bake until tops spring back when touched, about 20 minutes, rotating the pan once if needed. Transfer to a wire rack; leave cool completely.
White liquorice chocolate frosting
With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter, confectioners’ sugar, until pale and fluffy. Reduce speed to low. Add melted and cooled chocolate, beating until combined and scraping down sides of the bowl as needed.
Beat in the cold Philadelphia cream cheese, raw liquorice powder and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract beating until combined and fluffy. For decoration, crown each cupcake with a Lakrids by Johan Bülow Gold Liquorice.